My new bloggy-type friend Allex tagged me in this thingy last week and, because I’m me, I COMPLETELY forgot about it! I probably induced some horrible “chain-mail” curse and I’m going to die a horrible death in 7 years or something. Does that still happen?
Aaaaaaanyway, The Liebster Award is a chance for bloggers to give a shout-out to their favorite internet people, and also get to know one another in the process. We spend so much time writing our blogs, it’s nice to hear that people are actually reading it! And for me–my favorite part of all of this is getting to know a few of you as more than just the gifs that we trade back and forth.
The Official Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the award somewhere on your blog.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions chosen by the blogger who nominated you.
- Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you think deserve the award and who have less than 1,000 followers. (You many nominate blogs that have already received the award, but you cannot renominate the blog that nominated you.)
- Go to their blog and inform them that they’ve been nominated.
So, Thank you Allex for your nomination! I’m glad we are becoming blogger friends, and I hope it continues! And everyone reading this needs to go check out her stuff! She’s pretty awesome.
11 Facts About Myself:
1. I collect pigs. Stuffed Pigs, Ceramic Pigs, Piggy Banks, you name it. I even have a set of wooden three-legged salt & pepper shakers, salt pig, and guacamole bowl. I don’t know why they only have three legs…they fall over a lot.
2. I am an obsessive journaler. I write every thing down, from quotes of the books I’m reading, to random things people say at work. I keep a three ring binder per year, and my journal is more of a scrapbook than a diary.
3. I’m a really great cook, but I’m really lazy about it. It’s just so much effort.
4. My husband introduced me to baseball, and I am becoming a fanatic about it. Like seriously, he’s created a monster, and I can’t stop.
5. I absolutely do not understand politics. I have some things I believe in, but when it comes to public policy or financial stuff, I just can’t grasp it.
6. I have an enormous fear of math. A legitimate phobia. My brain completely freezes up and I cannot move or think. Also, heights.
7. Someday I want to travel to all the greatest food cultures in the world. I have a list of everything I want to eat and where.
8. I have a 16 year old cat named Smokey, Diva Kitty Queen of the Heavens.
9. I’m running out of things to say about myself.
10. I cried once after too much wine, when my sister told me they were making another Harry Potter movie.
11. I get really cranky if I can’t read at all in a day. I need a little bit of introvert time or I run out of juice.
Allex’s 11 Questions:
- Do you listen to music when reading, or do you prefer silence? Most of the time, I read in silence. Right now it is raining, which is lovely. If I have music on at all, it’s lyricless–classical or soundtracks.
- What book did you not like when you first read it, but liked the second time (or vice versa)? The Giver, which I’ve blogged about twice now, actually. I hated it in high school, but loved it when I reread it recently!
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? It’s a TV show, but Game of Thrones. When I read the series, I kept thinking, “These characters NEED to be on a screen.” And I was right. Now that I’m watching it now, I feel like I need to go back and reread the books.
- What is your least favorite? Probably Divergent. At least recently. They just took too many liberties with it.
- Would you rather die unexpectedly and sudden, or from a long-term illness? GOOD QUESTION. Probably suddenly. The anticipation would drive me crazy, and I’m not sure I would be strong enough to handle the pain.
- Bang, marry, kill: Jane Austen, John Green, George RR Martin? Jane needed a good bang, John’s interesting enough for long term, and George needs a taste of his own medicine.
- Other than books, is there anything else that you geek out about? Oh god…everything? Sherlock, Hannibal, GOT. To name a few. Funny, those are all based on books. I’m completely addicted to Tumblr. My husband and I are also really interested in craft beer, and visit a lot of breweries.
- What high school book did you not really read, but say that you did? I don’t really claim to read anything I haven’t. I am working through the classics that I’ve never read though. My school didn’t focus on those.
- Which fictional character would you want to be best friends with and why? Probably Elizabeth Bennett or Jo from Little Women, that sort of person. One of those strong classic women who took no shit.
- Which childhood-actor-to-disaster-area was most tragic for you to watch? Meh. Not really my thing.
- What are your thoughts about cheese? This is hilarious. Did you see my blog today? I actually posted a poem ABOUT CHEESE. It’s pretty much my favorite thing.
1. Katherine from letyourvoicebenerd
2. Lauren from Bitten and Written
3. Monika from voirdansmoname
4. Michael from MoeJoe
5. Bethany from Writing Madness
1. What is your least favorite genre, and why?
2. What book have you reread the most? How many times?
3. Do you have a favorite reading spot?
4. Who is your favorite hero/heroine?
5. What reading challenges are you doing/have done this year?
6. What do you collect…besides books of course!
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
8. Has Tumblr/blogging affected your reading?
9. Best book you read last year
10. What are you reading now?
11. Would you rather be by a fireplace, or swimming pool?